Dress Code



Holes in Pants


OK Holes in pants

Length of shorts skirts



NO Tanks

Sheer and Tank Tops Updated

Not too low



NO costumes


NO Hats or Hoods



Wear Shoes

Dont Sag

The dress code at Sand Ridge is in compliance with WSD policy 5220. It has been adopted by student, parent, and community councils to promote safety, personal hygiene, and a proper academic environment. Students are expected to maintain a type of dress that is clean, modest, and is not distracting to teachers or other students and not detrimental or disruptive to the educational process.

Clothing not ordinarily worn in the workplace may not be worn at school. (i.e., robes, pajamas, house slippers, mutilated clothing, low cut and revealing tops, etc.).
Mutilated clothing is defined as clothing having rips or tears in revealing places (i.e. jeans with tears/holes must be at dress code length (refer to dress code policy #4), seat of pants; shirts with tears across the front or back). Clothing with rips/tears must not be a distraction to the education process.
Shoes must be worn at all times. More restrictive shoe requirements may be required for safety reasons in some classes.
Shorts and skirts must be mid-thigh length or longer and not present a distraction in the classroom or school (no mini-skirts, mini-dresses or short shorts). Leggings can be worn but must not be sheer or see through. Items worn over leggings must meet the proper length requirements as stated above.
Shirts and tops may not have bare midriffs or be revealing at the neck, stomach and/or arm holes. Shirts, tops, and dresses must cover the ball of the shoulder. In turn, when wearing a sheer, knitted or see-through top the ball of the shoulder must be covered and a shirt or top that meets the above stated dress code must be worn underneath. Tank tops, athletic undershirts, halter tops, and spaghetti strap shirts are not allowed at school. Sagging pants must not reveal underwear even when arms are raised.
Clothing with designs, printed words, or slogans that are suggestive, obscene, or are in poor taste, or that refer to a substance or activity which is illegal for a minor will not be allowed – clothing which refers to ales, beer, or other alcoholic beverages, smoked or smokeless tobacco, breweries, or illegal drugs may not be worn. Clothing with weapons or other inappropriate content may not be worn. Clothing or accessories with gang symbols, insignia, or other gang identifiers may not be worn. Rasta colors, t-shirts, bands, book bags, and hats are not allowed.
Hats or other types of head covering, such as, visors, scarves, sweatbands, or bandanas, may not be worn in the building.
Sunglasses may not be worn in the building.
Makeup which is so conspicuous, extreme, odd in color or style that it draws undue attention, disrupts, or tends to disrupt or interfere with the learning atmosphere at school will not be allowed.
Clothing attachments, jewellery, or accessories which could be considered weapons, which could pose a potential risk of injury to the wearer or others, or which could be considered to be disruptive to the educational process may not be worn. Chains are not allowed.
All facial piercings shall not be a distraction. Spikes and sharp piercings are not allowed.
Inappropriate and distracting tattoos may not be displayed. 




Frequently Asked Questions

Need help with your locker:  If your locker gets jammed or you need help the best thing to do is contact one of the kind custodians to help you.  Mrs. Weese is a pro at helping with lockers and can call for a custodian if needed.  Ignore the 3rd number on your locker combination you only need to use the first two numbers to open your hall locker.  Make sure your straps are in your locker so it doesn't get shut into the locker below yours.  

Is there a MAP?  Jr. High is a lot bigger then Elementary!!  Look at the room number if it starts with a two then it is upstairs, if it starts with a one it is downstairs.  You will get the hang of it super quick!!  Sand Ridge has four pod hallways, we have two pods downstairs and two upstairs along with some hallways.  We also have one portable outside, you can go down the shop hallway to get to the portable.  If you get lost you can always go to the office or ask a teacher.

Main Office, Attendance Office, Counseling Office....What is the difference anyway? 

Main Office is the first office you come to thru the front doors.  This is where the principal, assistant principal, school officer and head secretary offices are.  You can make payments on your students lunch account, registration, sports or etc.  Need a new ID Card or have any questions we can help you. 

Attendance Office is the window just past to the main office.  If you need to drop something off or see your student, check in or check out your student this is the place to go. Anyone that is not a staff member or student MUST check in and get a visitor badge here to enter the school.  If the attendance secretary is not avaliable the Main Office covers attendance. 

Counseling Office is across the commons area.  This is where you go if you are a new student and need to register to go to school at Sand Ridge. The counselors for the school have their offices here a long with the nurse, custodian and copy center.  There is also a student phone located here incase you need to call home.  

Where is Lunch?  What Lunch do I have?  Check the bell schedule to see what lunch you have.  Tables are put up in the commons area and this is where you eat lunch.  If you bring your lunch, you eat here, if you get school lunch you eat here.  We don't want food taken outside or in the hallways of the school.  Make sure you clean up after yourself, it is your responsibility to throw your lunch tray and trash away.  If something is spilled please find the lunch aide or custodian to help get the mess cleaned up.  

What is Sting Time/Advisory/Enrichment? Advisory/Sting Time it is the same thing.  Advisory class is after 3rd period on Mondays .  In Advisory you get to do homework, read a book and twice a month the advisory teacher talks about the character in action quality for that month.  If you missed school and need to take a test/quiz or makeup work,  you can get a sting pass from your teacher and during enrichment Thursday you can go take that test or quiz.  This needs to be worked out before Thursday.  Enrichment is a privelage you get when you have no D's or F's, then you get to sign up for an enrichment activity the first of each month.  On Enrichment Thursday you get to go straight to your Activity instead of advisory which is after 3rd period.  Don't forget what Activity you signed up for at the beginning of each month because it starts over each month.  If you have questions on what activity you signed up for or you need to sign up you can ask your advisory teacher or go to the computer/writting lab to ask Mrs. Fritschle, she's the Sting time/Enrichment Pro.   

Why do I have a counselor?  Your counselor can help you if you are having any sort of problem that you need to talk to or if you have question about a class with a teacher or another student.  You can talk to them and work through what is going on.  Our awesome counselors are always there to listen to anything you need.  They also help keep you on track in school to make sure you are taking the classes you need for graduation. Get to know your counselor, they are here for you and want to know you. 

Do I really need to go to Back to School Night?  This is the time that you can walk around the school, talk to your teachers, and find out what supplies you need for each class.  You can find and open your locker and get to know the school better.  Sometimes the PTSA has shirts or items for sale, so its a good time to get all ready for school, so you aren't nervous on the first day. 

What is done at Parent Teacher Conference(PTC)? This is a great time for parents to meet face to face with teachers to find out how their student is doing in classes and talk about questions or conserns they may have.  It is an open house setting for parents to go from teacher to teacher in the commons area.  We hold two PTC during the school year the first one is the end of September and the second mid February from 1:00-7:00 with a 1/2 dinner break from 4:30-5:00. 

How do I pay for things?  If you need to pay registration fees, lunch money or purchase something from the school, you can pay at the main office.  

How do I get another schedule printed or change a class?  You will need talk to your counselor, you may also have a $10 charge for changing a class.  If you need copy of your schedule you can go to the counseling office and the secretary there can get another one printed for you. 

How do I know who my counselor is? By looking at your last name you can deterimine who your counselor is: Mrs. Roeda A-J.....Mrs. Figgins K-Q.....Mr. Gordon R-Z & SPED Students.  You can always go to the counseling office and they can help you figure out who you need to see. 

What do I wear to my PE Class?  Black basketball shorts and a white t-shirt.  You can also wear any Sand Ridge or Royal shirt/shorts. 

Is there a dress code?  We do have a dress code check it out before you go school shopping to make sure it can be worn to school.  What some like to wear on the weekends can NOT be worn to school:  ~Click Here for Dress Code~

I used the vending machine and it  didn't give me my change back or didn't give me my snack?   Vending machines are USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!  We do not have keys and we cannot get into the machine if the item you purchased didn't dispurse or if it took your money.  

What if I forgot my passord? Go to the Writting/Computer Lab and Mrs. Fritschlee would love to help you.  

I lost something, is there a lost and found?  Check the Lost & Found Box that is in the Attendance Office.  If it was a wallet or phone it will be in the main office.  DON'T Leave your binder, books or anything on the tables or benches in the commons area, (including during lunch or an assembly) this is why you have a locker.  There is a table in the commons area by the side of the vending machines if you lost your binder at lunch, it might be there. 

What is Late Start?  Every Friday school starts at 8:10, unless it is an early out schedule. This gives the school time to have meetings or teachers time to meet and collaberate.  The bus schedule remains the same even though it is late start.  Students can hang out in the commons area during this time, but they are not allowed to go into the hallways, upstairs or to teachers rooms until the bell rings. 

When are early outs?  Secondary/Junior High only has a few early outs the entire school year.....This includes the first week of school, the day of parent teacher conferences(1 day in Sept & 1 day in Feb), the day school gets out for Christmas Break, Friday the end of 3rd term and the last day of school.  We DO NOT have the same early out schedule as the elementary schools. 

Helpful Parent Info

Boxtops: Link is http://BTFE.com  Has a great website with all the info. 

 Box Tops


Crayola: It is a marker recylcing program.  The program is called Crayola ColorCycle.   http://www.crayola.com/colorcycle They will accept any type of marker: Crayola, RoseArt, even Expo.  I will send them in at the end of the year.  



 Color Recycle









Students, Parents, Teachers and Staff....Join the Sand Ridge PTSA Only $8 for the year

Pay at the school in the main office. 

Want to get involved?? Volunteer to help the PTSA, sign up in the office today!! 

 The PTSA also has a limited quantity of sizes and styles of the T-shirts and Shorts

$10 for the T-shirts, only a few left avaliable call Shae @ 801-628-6840

Hoodies can be ordered until August 31st in the main office Small to XL is $18 and 2XL are $22




safeUT TipLine

safeUT Followup

Box Tops


Elks Scholarship